First off, let me say how much I appreciate all you beautiful beauties here at wordpress. This is my first year focusing on my wordpress and it’s just been so nice seeing how friendly and fantastic this community is so without further ado, let’s get down to the lovelies who I paid off to nominate me! 😉
Apologies for how long I’ve waited to do this, we just finished fasting the other day and throughout the month I was totally out of it and naps became my best friend.
Thank you to the wonderful Plain, Simple Tom, the beautiful Flower Child, and the spectacular filmsCine for your nominations. I don’t give a shit what Tyler Durden says, you all ARE special snowflakes and he’s just jealous his abs of steels impair his brain matter.
- Favourite Disney Villain?
Anna & Elsa’s parents from Frozen.
- If you could put one film in a space capsule to be sent off to an alien planet, which would it be and why?
Mars Attacks! The aliens would probably think “THAT’S what they think we look like?!”
- Name a film that too few people have seen, but deserves to be watched.
What is regarded as the female version of Stand By Me.. a movie called Now & Then that far too many people haven’t seen. It makes me laugh, cry disgustingly and cringe– perfect combination of emotions, really.
- Will there ever be a truly great videogame-to-film adaptation? Has there been one already?
Absolutely. I have no doubt Assassin’s Creed with Michael Fassbender and Cotillard will be outstanding.
Which film deserves to be wiped off the face of the earth?Mother.. effing.. Pixels dude.
- Who was your first, or biggest, film/tv crush?
Jason Bourne in film and Zack Morris in TV.
7. Which film character’s job would you most want?
Haha this is a nice question. Jeremy Piven’s character in Serendipity worked as the obituary writer in the New York Times.. I mean, if that isn’t a great occupation, I have no idea what is.
8. Would you rather watch paint dry or watch grass grow?
Paint dry. I hate bugs and having to sit there watching the grass grow would have bugs crawling over me.
9. If it was Groundhog Day and you were able to choose a day to endlessly relive, which would it be and what song would be playing at 6:00 every morning?
Tom… This is a brilliant question! Hmmmm… I have no idea about which day to relive but the song will definitely either be the theme songs of Beverly Hills 90210, the Golden Girls or Saved By The Bell… Whichever the Groundhog Day God deems fair is fine with me.
10. Hanks, Hardy or Hiddleston? (A big shout out to all the Toms out there!)
(After Plain Simple Tom, of course) .. HARDY! That guy is amazing.
11. And finally, a favourite: which 5 actors/actresses would you have at a dinner party?
– Matt Damon
– Tom Hardy
– Alicia Vikander
– Charlotte Riley
… It’s like a couples dinner and we’ll all laugh and play board games until the wee hours of the night.
Flower Child asks…
- Favorite movie based on a book?
Probably The Godfather or the adaption of A Series of Unfortunate Events... The former made me feel for Italian gangsters and the latter made me fall platonically in love with Emily Browning 🙂
- Favorite snack for a movie?
POPCORN & SODA, MY FRIENDS.
- Book you wish there was a movie adaptation? or book you wish there wasn’t a movie adaptation?
I don’t really have an answer for the first part but I was not a fan of the recent Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland adaptation.. I really could’ve lived without that.
- What is going to be your costume for this Halloween? or if you don’t have plans because it’s kinda early who/what would you want to dress as?
We want to get orange prison jumpsuits from some costume store and go as the inmates on Orange is the New Black.
- Jurassic Park, Pirates of the Caribbean or Marvel movies?
Jurassic Park.. uh… will always find a way into my heart.
- If you were in a movie/book what character would you be? (protagonist, best friend, love interest, etc…)
Definitely love interest. Dude, the protagonists in these stories fall in love HARD for their respective love interests. All I want is a scene where Matt Damon’s character swoons over his love for me.
- When a movie based on a book comes out you are usually the person who already read the book or the person who is going to read the book after seeing the movie?
Great question! I’m guilty of doing both actually. For the former, I read Gone Girl before its movie adaptations and I’m planning on reading Girl on the Train after its film release.
- A TV movie you liked?
Hm, I don’t know many TV movies except for the ones on Lifetime and those truly suck.
- Think of your favorite character from a book, which actor/actress would you choose to portray them?
Atticus Finch – Fassbender. He is one of my favourites and I think he could pull off Finch beautifully.
- Would you rather be the director of the movie the book is being adapted to or the writer of the book the movie is being adapted to?
Definitely the writer of the book the movie is being adapted to. The former is way too much pressure for me and I don’t do so well under pressure!
- Pick a favorite character from a book, which movie character do you think they would have a great chemistry with?
Another great one! I have no doubt Atticus Finch and Miss Honey from Matilda would make the greatest fictional couple in the universe… This is also a cheating answer because the Roald Dahl book but ftp.
- Snog, Marry, Avoid, Send to another planet: Jim Carrey, Sally Field, Dustin Hoffman, Cate Blanchett
First off: “Snog”, my new favourite term. This question is more difficult to answer than most questions I find on my exams.
Snog: Cate Blanchett
Marry: Jim Carrey
Avoid: Sally Field (I love you, Sally Field! Please don’t take this personally!)
Another planet: Dustin Hoffman
- What’s your favourite film genre and why?
Love me some contained thrillers! I really love the crazy tension and immense suspense a truly great contained thriller can have. Shit can be set in a period of 12 hours and feel like eternity because of all the stuff the characters must endure.
- What’s the key ingredient to a truly fantastic film?
That script and screenplay, man. Even if the acting’s off and the direction could be better, if the story is what I’m invested in, I can forgive any (little) discrepancies.
- Which remake do you wish never happened?
I like to forget sometimes that The Clash of the Titans and Karate Kid have remakes. They made me physically feel ill… Apparently there’s also an Adventures in Babysitting Disney remake too. Now that movie is racist and sexist af *it’s a beautiful look at a downtown in the 1980’s though, highly recommended 🙂 and I like to reserve my judgement for after I watch a movie… But why would they Disney-fy such a baller movie to begin with? Just make another R-rated one except less homophobia and more “Don’t Fuck With the Babysitter.” Also, good god have you seen the trailers for the new Ben-Hur? What the fuck is that.
- What do you do when you’re not blogging?
I also write various reviews for MovieRehab.com (hello there, shameless plug!) and I’m also a professional video game playing couch potato. The latter is a dying art, really.
- Would you rather have a coffee with Donald Trump or Kris Kardashian?
God I’d rather have a coffee with the people who made the coffee… I’d also ask Kris if she could be my manager because she’s fantastic at peddling people with no given talents.
- Gary Oldman’s best role?
I had to google him to try to narrow down my thoughts because he’s in virtually everything… I’d say his role as “EEEEEEEVERYYYYONEEEEEEE!” in Leon. He also makes a small appearance in one of my personal favourite & underappreciated movies, Lawless.
8. Quentin Tarantino’s worst film?
Oh man, I have to veto this one, I like all his work!
9. If you could transport one character from one movie into another movie, who and what would it be?
Ooh, this is an interesting question! I’d like to see Christian Bale’s Batman in the We Are Your Friends universe.
10. What do you rate the movie Grease out of 10?
First off, I now have “You’re The One That I Want” stuck in my head so thank you for that 😉 And 11.
11. Do you think the moon landing happened or do you think the moon landing did not happen?
100% happened… Not even Kubrick is that great of a filmmaker.
- If you could have dinner with any movie character, who would you pick and why? (this is one of my favourite questions to ask anyone)
- What song(s) get you the most pumped when you’re driving/alone?
- Are you a fan of any romantical movies? Could be pure a romance drama, comedy, whatever you please.
- What movie universe from the 1980’s would you most like to be a part of?
- When you think of the term “Bennifer”, do you picture Affleck + Garner or Lopez?
- Are there any movies that make you cry no matter how many times you watch it?
- Favourite movie quote?
- You’re on a deserted island for some reason and can only watch three movies for the next year, which movies do you choose and why?
- Chicken or steak?
- Are there any TV shows you’re currently binging on or loving at the moment?
- How much wood WOULD a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood???????
Thank you for reading!
Oh and in case I don’t see you, good afternoon, good evening and good night.