Let me give a shout out to the man, myth and legend Diego of the Lazy Sunday Movies Blog for giving me a nomination. I am honoured he thought it prudent to mention my name among a ton of other fantastic people in this community and I hope you all check out his site.
How This Works
* Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and answer the 11 questions said bloggers give you.
* Nominate 11 bloggers of your own and include 11 questions you’d like your nominees to answer.
1. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Basically choosing between which child is my favourite here… Gun to my head probably Dumb and Dumber (1994).
2. If a film was made about your life story, who would you cast to play yourself?
Natalie Portman. I look absolutely nothing like her so I’d want people to be tricked 🙂
3. First movie you remember watching?
1994’s The Mask. We rented it from Blockbuster God knows when and watched it like, on actual repeat.
4. Favourite movie genre?
Hmm.. It’s a tossup between Dramas and Contained Thrillers.
5. Favourite movie quote?
“[Serendipity] is such a nice sounding word for what it means: a fortunate accident.” – Serendipity (2001)
6. I normally hate watching movies before 2000’s (except some classics). Recommend a movie that might change my mind.
I LOVE this question. I have been a huge fan of movies of yesteryear and yesteryesteryear for.. years. Here are a couple of my favourites categorized:
- Comedies: Some Like It Hot (1959), Dumb and Dumber (1994) and Mrs. Doubtfire (1993) are some of my absolute favourite comedies of all time. Others include Airplane! (1980) and the comedy pairing of Richard Pryor/Gene Wilder.
- Contained movies: I have mentioned throughout many of my posts that the “contained thriller” and movies set in limited locations with limited time periods are some of my favourites. These include the all-time great 12 Angry Men (1957) and The Warriors (1979).
7. Favourite TV show at the moment?
FX’s The Americans is currently in its fourth season and it is one of those shows that get better as the seasons progress. It is not only my current favourite TV show, it’s in my Top 5 favourites of all-time.
8. Go-to weapon in a zombie apocalypse?
If Michonne taught me anything, it’s that fucking Katana.
9. Would you rather lose both arms or both legs?
I’ll pull a Lieutenant Dan and say both legs.
10. If you could have one power, what would it be?
I really want that remote from Click.
11. When did you start blogging and why?
Talking movies is one of my favourite things ever. Finding other people to talk to that are aware of what happened in every respective Rocky movie, no matter the Roman numeral, is another one of my favourite things. When the dog bites, when the bee stings, having a platform to express my views and opinions on movies is a dream for me. I am loving every single minute of it.
… Plus I get to see Matt Damon’s beautiful face whenever I give a review.
12. What do you do when you’re not in front of a keyboard?
I recently became a fully licensed G driver (Living in Canada, G License = Full License) so driving is my favourite past time along with the usual favourites, hanging out with friends and long walks on the beach.
- Have you ever snuck into a movie at the theatres and if so, how many is your record?
- If you could have dinner with any movie character, who would you pick and why?
- If you could be a character in any movie universe, who would you pick and why?
- What are your Top 5 favourite TV shows of all-time?
- Are there any actors/actresses you strive to watch, no matter what the movie/project?
- Who is your dream James Bond?
- If you could turn any movie into a TV series, which movie would you pick?
- What is your go-to fast food restaurant?
- Do you have an all-time favourite Romantic Comedy or Drama couple?
- Chris Evans, Hemsworth or Pine?
If you could make your own college course and teach it, what would the title of your course be?
Thanks for reading!
Go hence forth and in case I don’t see you, good afternoon, good evening and good night.